Who We Are
The Denver Bar Association is a highly engaging local organization committed to the goal of helping lawyers practice law. We interact with law professionals on a myriad of levels, from face-to-face networking and career-building CLE to providing rewarding opportunities for leadership and community involvement. Our membership base includes all facets of the practice of law, including students and young lawyers, those in private and government practice, judges and highly revered law professionals.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity
Mission, Values and Vision Statement
The Denver Bar Association is committed to tirelessly advancing and advocating for equity in the practice of law. The DBA recognizes the importance of promoting diversity and inclusivity in advancing equity. The DBA also believes that it is necessary for lawyers to actively oppose, confront, and dismantle systemic and institutionalized inequality by:
- Seeking out and uplifting the voices and ideas of marginalized groups in all contexts;
- Recruiting and retaining volunteers in leadership roles from such marginalized groups in order to greater advocate for equity throughout the DBA; Promoting anti-bias education that spotlights the history of systematic oppression, including racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, and ableism, specifically in the context of the legal system; and
- Challenging notions that elevate the dominant majority culture above others.
In the pursuit of equity, the DBA values the following behaviors:
- Actively including community stakeholders in DBA leadership and membership;
- Prioritizing action with long-term effects;
- Building transparency into everything we do;
- Respecting all viewpoints, particularly by underrepresented groups; and
- Encouraging, valuing, and acting upon feedback.
Working collaboratively to shift the practice of law to be more equitable for both practitioners and the community.