|© 2008 The Docket and Denver Bar Association. All Rights Reserved.
All material from The Docket provided via this World Wide Web server is copyrighted by the Denver Bar Association. Before accessing any specific article, click here for disclaimer information.
On the Bar Tab
DBA Sponsors Booth at People’s Fair
Thanks to all the volunteers who helped make the DBA booth a success at the 37th People’s Fair June 7–8 at downtown Denver’s Civic Center Park. The People’s Fair offered delicious culinary delights (corndogs!), fabulous entertainment and raised funds for nonprofit organizations. Each year, the DBA staffs a booth with attorney, law student and paralegal volunteers to answer public questions and distribute brochures and legal resource information.
Special thanks go to: Bill Burns, Elsa Martinez Tenreiro, Carey-Elisa Christie, Brian Boney, Bethany Johnson, Amanda Tobey, John Waters, Kelly Stankov, Kip Barrash, Leia Ursery, John Baker, Pat Post, Debra Ehrenstrasser, Janet Price, David Simmental, Teresa Garcia, Sarah Oviatt, Shelly O’Neal, Karen Caston, Kelley Southerland, Tamara Bershok, Katie Taylor, Jennifer Randall, David Serafin, Kay McCarthy, Sharon Liko and Mark Miller for volunteering their time and resources.
Photos: Top left — Amanda Tobey, Carrie Christie and Bethany Johnson handed out brochures to those with legal questions. Top right from left — Debra Ehrenstrasser, Bill Burns and Pat Post give family law legal information to a local resident.
Tenth Circuit 2008
Bench & Bar Conference
The Broadmoor Hotel
September 4–6, 2008
The Honorable Carlos F. Lucero, Circuit Judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, is pleased to invite you to attend the Tenth Circuit 2008 Bench & Bar Conference.
The 2008 Bench and Bar Conference is September 4-6, in Colorado Springs, CO at The Broadmoor Hotel. The block for hotel reservations is not yet open, but an announcement will be posted as soon as it is open, with favorable room rates for the conference.
• Earn 14 to 16 hours of CLE credits including two hours of ethics credit.
• All attendees and speakers are invited to a welcoming reception Thursday evening at the Penrose House.
• The conference will feature appearances by Justice Stephen Breyer, Professor Jeffrey Rosen, Jan Greenburg, Stuart Taylor, Professors Stephan Saltzberg and Douglas Berman and many others.
The conference will offer substantive sessions on:
• Electronic Discovery • Islamic Law
• Daubert Issues • Native American Law
• Developments in Constitutional Law • Bankruptcy
• Criminal Procedure • Criminal Sentencing
• The New Tenth Circuit Electronic • Judicial Misconduct Filing Requirements
• Please check our website periodically for updates on the program and other details:
• If you have any questions, please call the Judicial Resources team at the Tenth Circuit Office of the Circuit Executive at (303) 844-2067
Save the Date!
The 2008 Senior Golf Tournament is Wednesday, July 23, 1 p.m., at the Homestead Golf Course in Lakewood. Tickets are $50 per person and include greens fees, a cart and lunch. Show your competitive side and socialize with your peers! RSVP to Tara Miller, email@example.com or (303) 824-5312.